Wholesale Marble Tile Tips
Wholesale Marble Tile Tips
- Wholesale marble tile tips will save you a lot of money. There are many different channels of buying wholesale marble, there are different qualities on marble, and variable discounts to trade versus retail.
- There are several layers of marble factories, stone factories, producers, tile importers, marble retailers. Let’s define them.
- A marble quarrier is an individual or company that has outright rights or licenses to own and operate a marble or natural stone quarry. Typical quarries of marble are in Italy, Spain, Greece, and Turkey.
- Marble Factory or producer is an individual who buys blocks from a quarrier or processes its own blocks. This is basically your mill.
- Marble Importer is an importing company that went around the world and found interesting colors of marble and imported tiles or slabs. Importers usually have these materials in stock. Marble importers also specialize in certain regions or countries.
- Marble showroom or marble retailer is a retail sales location that displays samples from their own imports or from their regional importer. Typically these companies don’t stock any marble but they buy from their importer. Marble showrooms also provide personalized service to select your marble or provide installation service.
- A marble contractor is a person or company that installs it in your home. Some large marble contractors import their own marble or wholesale marble tile.
- Look for a company that carries inventory. If they have it in stock they have to turn their stock and may be inclined to wholesale marble tile, or natural stone. See various tile associations that list their members.
- Look for a company that carries various grades of stone. Some of the grades that are considered the second choice may be perfectly ok for your project.
- Look for a company that publishes its trade discount structure. Many companies give deep discounts to wholesale or contractors. Ask your contractor to pass the discount to you and have them keep a small mark up for themselves. See discounted marble tiles
- Try to buy the entire case or crate of marble. If there are 360 pieces of stone in a crate, and you buy only 300 pieces, they will get stuck with those 60 pieces.
- Calculate your layout. A diagonal marble floor installation is going to create more cut pieces and more waste. A staggered floor installation or straight joint installation may save you more pieces in your installation. Less waste Is more savings.
- Finally, we recommend ordering and keeping some extra tiles from your shipment. If you decide to repair or replace some tiles or change your layout ( relocating your cabinet, repiping, etc. ) you may want to have some tiles that match your original shipment. Each marble shipment may have different die lots and there is no guarantee you may find the same marble or same lot.
© 2001-2024 StoneTileDepot. All Rights Reserved.